1). Pumpkin Doughnuts and Hot Cider: Everybody loves fall food! Pumpkin spice, pumpkin lattes, apple cider, Halloween candy, etc…the list goes on and on. But what’s more fun than eating fall food is eating fall food at a pumpkin farm! You know you want to sidle up to a concession stand, order a cup of hot cider and get candy apple all over your face. That’s part of what October is all about. PS. Iron Kettle Farm has AMAZING pumpkin doughnuts. You have to try them. They’re only like 75 cents.
2) . Hay Rides: Iron Kettle Farm has TWO hay rides: one for little kids and one for adults/older children and they only cost like $2 per person. To me, it’s worth paying $2 once a year to get carted around in a wagon filled with hay. There were even a couple of unexpected surprises on our hay ride, which included longhorn bulls and dalmation dogs. It’s a blast!
3). Corn Maze: Remember the family who got lost in the corn maze and called 911 for help? Now that’s adventure! That could happen to you at the Iron Kettle Farm and then what a story you’d have. Make sure your cell phone is charged before you head in!
4). Pumpkin People: Iron Kettle Farm’s pumpkin people are the bomb! If you want to make yourself feel really old, try to remember the verses to the nursery rhymes that they represent…I bet you can’t without googling them.
5). This Goat: This goat is smarter than all the other goats and just waits at the top of the ramp for people to use the pulley system to deliver him food. Then he just eats all day out of the trough. You can feed this goat for only 25 cents. It’s a riot!
The Iron Kettle Farm is a family owned business that has been a part of our community since 1969. I used to go there as a kid, and it’s still fun to go for a few hours as an adult, too. This blog post is just a small part of what the Iron Kettle Farm has to offer. For more information and directions, check out their super informative website at ironkettlefarm.com.
- family tradition: the fall pumpkin patch… (houseofmayhemandchaos.com)
- Finished Bucket List: Corn Mazes & Pumpkin Patches (backonland.com)
- Pumpkin Patching and Weekend Things (tasteoftaylor.wordpress.com)
- Playing at the Pumpkin Patch (peakadventureclub.org)
- Pumpkin Patch Picking and Pie Eating Time is Here! (arizonadaytrips.wordpress.com)